To avoid unexpected surprises which could ruin your trip before it even begins, always arrive at the airport at least two hours before the scheduled departure time of your flight. However, there is a lot you can do to ensure a smooth air travel experience. Check out our tips on how to steer clear of problems and get through the airport quickly and efficiently.
- Check the airline’s rules. Your ticket represents your contract with the airline, but terms and conditions that apply to baggage, services, travellers’ rights et al. may vary. What’s more, airlines are expecting air passengers to take responsibility for an increasing number of things themselves.
- Double-check all of your documents. Make sure your passport and ID are valid. Are you carrying prescription medications which require a certificate issued by the State Agency of Medicines? Is the child travelling with you required by your destination country to present a letter of consent from their other parent?
- Make sure your hand luggage does not exceed the size or weight limits set by your airline and does not contain any prohibited items.
- If you’d like to take any special items (a pet, a musical instrument, valuable or fragile items, etc.) on board the plane, be sure to inform the airline of your request in advance.
- Don’t pack wrapped gifts – its best to wrap them when you arrive.
- Check in for your flight on your airline’s website.
- Download the airport app to get the latest information on your flight.
- Never travel without travel insurance. It doesn’t cost much, but can be invaluable if you’re faced with an emergency.
- In addition to a name tag, place a piece of paper with your contact details on it in every bag you’re taking with you. This will considerably speed up the process of returning your luggage if it becomes lost in transit.
At the Airport
- Arrive at least two hours before departure. This will give you enough time to deal with any unexpected situations, queues, etc.
- If you haven’t checked in for your flight, use the self-service check-in kiosks at the airport.
- If you’re flying to warmer climates during winter, you can leave your winter coat with the wardrobe service provided at the airport information desk.
- Show up early for security checks. Going through security is less of a hassle if you wear shoes without laces and a belt that’s easy to remove.
- Don’t worry if you’re asked to step aside – you don’t look more suspicious than anyone else. It just means you’ve been randomly picked for additional screening. This doesn’t take long and isn’t uncomfortable.
- If your flight’s delayed, relax in the airport lounge area. Here you can await departure in a stress-free atmosphere, with snacks and the latest newspapers close at hand. This area also features a children’s playground.
For the best way to buy cheap flight click here