According to Tanzania Civil Aviation Authority (TCAA), flying a drone is legal in Tanzania.
If you are traveling to Tanzania and want to bring your drone, Tanzania Civil Aviation Authority (TCAA) List these consideration for foreigners who need to fly drones.
- Only drones weighing 7kg or less can be flown in Tanzania.
- You must obtain permission from Tanzania Civil Aviation Authority (TCAA).
- To fly drone in Tanzania for any purpose, you should hold certificate authentificating your ability to fly drone issued by your country.
Also as a Foreigner you should obtain permission from the ministry of Defense and National Service.
General Rules and laws of flying Drones
- Drones may not be flown at night.
- Drones may not be flown over crowd without permission from Tanzania Civil Aviation Authority(TCAA)
- Drone Insurance is required for all drones operations in Tanzania.
- Drones must not flown higher than 121 meters.
- Drones may not be flown over national parks in Tanzania.
- Drones may not be flown within 3km of any domestic Airport or 5km of any International Airport.
- Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS) required for all (RPAS)
- Approval before importation (RPAS).
There are serious penalties for those who contravene the rules and regulations Individuals and Corporations cab face fines or jail term for contravening any rules and regulations.
It is very essential to contact the Tanzania Civil Aviation Authority before you travel with any questions you might have.